This February, NICTA and its stakeholder supporters carried out consumer related awareness to advocate the key messages of the campaign. It also worked to engage stakeholders to support the campaign by disseminating awareness related to the theme “Together for a better internet” publicly through their various platforms.
The following activities took place leading up to and on Safer Internet Day on 11 February 2020:
- Kalang Radio awareness with the support of Telikom on Thursday, 6 February 2020.
- Badihagwa Technical Secondary School awareness visit with the support of The Telikom Foundation Inc on Monday, 10 February 2020.
- NBC Joint Radio Awareness by NICTA and RPNGC Cyber Crime Unit on 11 February.
- Royal Papua New Guinea Constabulary (RPNGC) Criminal Investigation Division to carry out awareness at Carr Memorial Adventist Primary School on 11 February.
- Meeting facilitated by PNG Computer Society with the support of the Catholic Bishops Conference and stakeholders to declare their support to work towards a safer internet in PNG.
Industry partnership and support: SID awareness to be disseminated via social media channels and websites belonging to Digicel, bmobile, Telikom, Telikom Foundation,Kalang, Datec, PNG Dataco, Digitec, PNG Computer Society
What we are doing to support the SID 2020 slogan of “Together for a better internet”…
This February, NICTA i is carrying out consumer awareness in partnership with key stakeholders to advocate the key messages of the SID campaign. The stakeholders are largely from within the ICT industry and have committed to disseminate awareness related to the theme ” Together for a better internet” publicly through their various platforms.
The following stakeholders have responded positively to support the Safer Internet Day campaign:
- Royal Papua New Guinea Constabulary
- National Broadcasting Corporation
- Bmobile PNG
- Digicel PNG
- Telikom Foundation
- PNG Dataco
- Kalang FM
- PNG Computer Society
In recognising the importance of Safer Internet Day, NICTA will also be taking steps to encourage more stakeholder collaboration through the PNG SID Committee. The said committee will be expected to coordinate nationwide SID campaign activities, among other things.
Safer Internet Day (SID), PNG Profile: Papua New Guinea SID
More at: www.saferinternetday.org