NICTA in consultation with relevant Government Authorities has commenced developing regulatory requirements for construction and deployment of Mobile Communication Towers.
Considering the new regulatory requirements which will come into effect once finalized, NICTA wish to inform the general public, tower owners and Mobile Network Operators to follow the following directives as of this date until further advise is issued;
• Erection of a new tower within a yard in/of a landlord in a residential area must ceased forthwith.
• Erection of a new tower within the premises of schools and hospitals must ceased forthwith.
• Erection of a new towers shall be avoided within a radius of 200 meters from schools and hospitals.
• Approval from relevant government authorities must be obtained before commencing work.
• Avoid erection of a new tower within a radius of 200 meters of an existing tower in residential and industrial areas.
• Avoid construction of towers near highways and main roads.
Existing towers erected in residential areas and or located within public areas shall remain until the regulatory instrument is finalized and NICTA inform tower owners on new regulatory measures.
NICTA inspectors will conduct random inspection on mobile communication tower(s) to ensure that the tower (s) comply with all the regulatory requirements
NICTA inspectors will conduct random inspections on internal and external ICT cabling work to ensure compliance to NICTA regulatory requirements.
Authorised by Kila Gulo Vui
Chief Executive Officer